Sunday, October 2, 2016

GROOMING ESSENTIALS

The transition between summer and fall weather is, albeit slowly, starting to begin - this means that I'm paying special attention to the products that I use on my skin and hair. For today's post, I thought that I'd gather up some of my grooming essentials, consisting of both my classic favorites and new finds.

Here we go, clockwise from top left!

1. Menaji 911 Eye Gel - I love that this is a gel, it's instantly cooling and actually works to reduce puffiness. I keep it in the fridge so that it's extra refreshing.

2. R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste - Since, believe it or not, I have to get my blonde touched up at my colorist every five weeks, I do everything I can to avoid my hair from drying out. That means only washing it one or two times a week. In between shampoos, I use this dry shampoo paste which absorbs oil and gives a great matte texture.

3. Montez Renault No. 15 Jojoba Smoothing Scrub - This scrub is great for exfoliation and is actually really moisturizing thanks to the jojoba and argan oil.

4. Baxter of California Clay Mask - I love the thick consistency of this mask, and the fact that it's clay-based makes it super effective for absorbing oil and purifying the skin. I use this once a week!

5. Bumble and bumble. Seaweed Shampoo - I've used this mild shampoo for years - it really keeps my hair feeling healthy and shiny. Plus, I am obsessed with the scent. I can't describe it... it's just so good.

6. Acqua di Parma Bath & Shower Gel - This shower gel gives great lather and has that instantly identifiable scent which is so fresh and clean.

7. ASPAR Rose Hydrating Facial Hydrosol - I discovered this skin quenching rose water spray when I was in Australia for fashion week last year, and ever since it's become one of my go-to products. It's so calming and cooling, and like the eye gel mentioned above, I keep it in the fridge. Ahhhhh.

8. Baxter of California Clay Pomade - This is my absolute favorite hair product. It has a matte finish and smells great - plus it has a great hold that still allows for movement. The absolute best!

9. Bvlgari Thé Noir Body Lotion - I use this body lotion all over after showering, and can't get enough of the black tea fragrance. With notes of bergamot, oud wood and patchouli, it's super nourishing and the scent is addictive!

10. Chanel Platinum Égoïste - This has been my trademark cologne for the past decade - if not longer. As much as I love a number of other fragrances, Hermes Terre d'Hermes is a classic and I am recently super into Dior Sauvage, I always come back to Platinum Égoïste. The scent is just so me.

No comments:

Post a Comment